THE HEALTH REFORM LEGISLATION has been signed into law by president Barack Obama on March 23rd, 2010 . The Reform will make health care more affordable, make health insurers more accountable, expand health coverage to all Americans, and make the health system sustainable, stabilizing family budgets, the Federal budget, and the economy:
* It makes insurance more affordable by providing the largest middle class tax cut for health care in history, reducing premium costs for tens of millions of families and small business owners who are priced out of coverage today. This helps 32 million Americans afford health care who do not get it today – and makes coverage more affordable for many more. Under the plan, 95% of Americans will be insured.
* It sets up a new competitive health insurance market giving millions of Americans the same choices of insurance that members of Congress will have.
* It brings greater accountability to health care by laying out commonsense rules of the road to keep premiums down and prevent insurance industry abuses and denial of care.
* It will end discrimination against Americans with pre-existing conditions.
* It puts our budget and economy on a more stable path by reducing the deficit by more than $100 billion over the next ten years – and more than $1 trillion over the second decade – by cutting government overspending and reining in waste, fraud and abuse.
Yet, as you read this note, there are already multiple States in the process of taking the new law into court.
America has been facing a major blow when it comes to Health Care and a much needed reform couldn’t come at a better time. Nevertheless, as I read through the fine prints of this new reform, I come to the realization that we may need more than this reform to actually bail ourselves out of this health crisis.
As people complain about the amount of money being pumped through the Obama Health Reform, I come to the realization that we may be missing the whole point: In order for this Health Reform to Succeed, we need a change in our “Health Mentality.”
Have we considered educating the current generation on proper health habits? Our children need to re-learn the value of healthy living, meaning eating the proper food, exercising, and taking care of their souls. To take it a deep further, our food manufcaturers needs re-evaluate their product processes and think of the health of the consumers rather than their productivities. We are what we eat after all, and Americans are not eating right.
The reform starts at your house, when you decide to re-learn the basics in Eating right, getting yourself into shape, which will eventually lead to cutting down on your insurance costs, and help you realize that this reform starts with you.
Eat Right - Excercise Well - Live a Happy Life.